Robins Court, Station Approach, Alresford
Fixed Price £80,000
Sold
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Type: Flat / Apartment
Reception Rooms: 1

Property Details

An ideal shared ownership starter home. A 40% share of this spacious one bedroom ground floor flat is for sale at £80,000. Located within easy walking distance of the town centre, with the benefit of an allocated parking space, communal gardens and cycle store. The accommodation comprises an entrance hall with storage cupboards, a spacious living room with French doors out to the communal garden, and a fitted kitchen, with a wall-mounted boiler, built-in oven, gas hob and extractor hood. The bedroom has a built-in double wardrobe. The shower room has a white suite comprising a large shower cubicle, wc and wash hand basin. The property has double glazed sash windows, gas central heating and a long lease.

Alresford is a beautiful Georgian town known for its variety of independent shops, restaurants and inns located in stunning surroundings on the edge of the South Downs National Park. Attractions include the Watercress steam railway, schools for infant, junior and secondary education, several churches and an active and inclusive community. The cathedral city of Winchester is about 7 miles away and there is easy access to the south coast, the midlands and London via the road network. There is also mainline rail access to London from both Winchester and Alton. Southampton airport is only about half an hour away by car.

SERVICES We understand that gas, electricity, water and mains drainage are all connected.

LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION Winchester City Council
Council Tax Band: TBC

SHARED OWNERSHIP The owners’ 40% share is for sale at a fixed price of £80,000. The remaining 60% is owned by Sovereign Housing Association, for which a monthly rent is payable. There is normally an opportunity to buy more shares in your home from the housing association over a period of time via staircasing. Sovereign Housing Association have strict criteria for buyers in order for them to be eligible to buy a shared ownership home:

– You must demonstrate that you can afford all the costs of owning a home
– Your annual household income must be less than £80,000
– You cannot own any other homes (at the time that you buy)

More information can be found on the Sovereign website: https://www.sovereignliving.org.uk/buying-from-us/how-shared-ownership-works/

LEASE INFORMATION Lease Commencement Date: 2008
Lease Term: 125 Years
Years Remaining: 114
Annual Maintenance Charge: £1,262.94 for 2019/20. Includes buildings insurance, management charge, reserve fund, grounds maintenance, lighting and cleaning of common parts and repairs.

Back To Top